What are the steps to an intervention?
- A 1-on- 1 appointment involving a counselor and a family member/friend to gather necessary clinical information such as drinking/drugging history, history of treatment, type of health insurance, how the person’s addiction has negatively affected their life and the lives of others.
- Schedule an intervention planning meeting with all people desiring to participate and then complete the intervention meeting.
- Determine what the plan will be for treatment prior to scheduling the intervention date.
- Schedule and complete intervention.
- If wanted, follow-up session(s) to family members etc.